Monday, May 10, 2010

Unsticking the sticky notes

We have two more days to complete the entry package to the Freedom Film Fest 2010 competition. The writing has gotten more intense but we are yet to finalise the draft. Sheridan is drafting the summary while I draft the treatment.

From notes to draft, and then the chunks of scenes are written on the sticky notes. One scene, one note. One voice, another note. Specific music cue, a different note. All colour coded.

Next I stuck the notes on the placemats in sequence according to the draft. If the writer works alone, he or she may not have to resort to this tedious task but I think this is one of the best ways to 'see' clearly what we want to achieve. It cuts down misunderstandings greatly.


After much re-arranging, this is how the placemat and the sticky notes look



By the end of the day, we have finalised the scenes and I have to compile these scenes into a treatment.

(I haven't done any preparation on my Indochina trip. Aduhhh.)

No comments:

Post a Comment